TEST 4, WRITING TASK MODEL ANSWER This model has been prepared by an examiner as an example of a very good answer. However, please note that this is just one example out of many possible approaches.
Grange Park was opened in 1920, a rectangular area with access from Arnold Avenue on the north side and from Eldon Street on the south side. There was a fountain in the centre, with a stage for musicians situated centre left, a glasshouse to the right of the Eldon Street entrance, and a pond for water plants in the northeast corneropposite. Around the edges of the park, there were rose gardens, with seats nearby for people to smell the flowers and listen to music.
The park has altered considerably since then. Now there is one large-ish rose garden, occupying the central area where the fountain stood, and with seats all around it. One of the smaller rose gardens remains on the north side of the park. The bandstand (stage for musicians) has also been replaced, by an amphitheater for concerts and associated seating. The glasshouse has gone and in its places is a water feature;similarly, where the pond for water plants stood there is now a children's play area with a café nearby. Access to the park is still via the two original entrances, but there is now a third entrance near the water feature from an underground car park.
Despite the apparently significant changes, the park retains the basic elements of flowers, water, seating, and music, with the addition of a café and a children's play area.